AUI Button Open in New Window?

Paul LaBarbera February 10, 2016

Hi there,

I'm using the Adaptavist AUI button on some page templates, and linking to external site.

I want to open these links in a new tab, but I can't. "Target=new" gets wiped out of the URL when I save the page. Any help?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Hi Paul,

My name is Rafael Franco, and I'm the Tech Lead for Product Team here at Adaptavist. First of all thanks for using Content Formatting Macros. In regards to your question, currently there isn't a way to make the link open in a new tab, which I agree it would be handy.

Since there's no way to manipulate the url to make it open in a new tab, the only way is by creating a new parameter in the macro. I believe we could add another parameter in the configuration of the button that would specify if the user wants the button to open in a new tab or in the same tab. 

We'll add the feature to our backlog and I predict that next sprint we can pick it up. Shall I notify you if the feature gets implemented?

Regards,

Rafael

Paul LaBarbera February 10, 2016

Yes please. Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events