A filter for all the "not closed" tickets that I am engaged with

Elif Alverson March 29, 2017

Hello, 

I am trying to create a filter which shows all the tickets I am involved and status is not closed/resolved. I am using this filter below however it shows all the tickets even though I am asking not to see the resolved/closed ones? 

status not in (Closed , resolved) or summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() OR assignee = ELIF OR  reporter = ELIF 

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2017

Hi Elif,

add brackets: 

status not in (Closed , resolved) and (summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() OR assignee = ELIF OR  reporter = ELIF)

Thank you.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2017

The way I read it all you have are 'or' conditions so a ticket that meets ANY of the conditions would be listed. You need to put all the conditions besides status together and test for them and then that the issue is not in closed, resolved.

@Joel Pitt , I figured it out. Thank you so much for the quick response!

Suggest an answer