why use the Greenhopper issue type scheme vs the default one?

lest77 January 19, 2012

What is the benefit of this vs. customizing the default scheme?

Also in the Agile section under configuration, you have to choose a project template? What is the benefit of selecting the scrum template here?

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
MarkW March 8, 2012

I have a related question that was sprouted after this posting answered my original question like the OP.

If the Scheme applies the additional fields, why doesn't the issue types have the custom fields applied when used in other schemes? Such as Story issue type and the Story Points custom field? I can associate the custom field but the field will only show in standard JIRA view but will not display when creating a new card in the Greenhopper/Agile view.

I suppose they must have some underlying custom files that dictate what fields show in what view for what scheme. I would have expected a Greenhopper screen but it uses the default and possibly uses vm files to interject the custom fields on the card screen.

I hope that made sense. Maybe this is an enhancement request to Atlassian.

0 votes
MarkW March 8, 2012

I have a related question that was sprouted after this posting answered my original question like the OP.

If the Scheme applies the additional fields, why doesn't the issue types have the custom fields applied when used in other schemes? Such as Story issue type and the Story Points custom field? I can associate the custom field but the field will only show in standard JIRA view but will not display when creating a new card in the Greenhopper/Agile view.

I suppose they must have some underlying custom files that dictate what fields show in what view for what scheme. I would have expected a Greenhopper screen but it uses the default and possibly uses vm files to interject the custom fields on the card screen.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2012
  1. The issue types, Epic, Story and Technical Task gets associated with the project the GH scheme.

Read the section "About the 'Scrum' Template" from http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Specifying+your+Project+Templates

MarkW March 8, 2012

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2012

What fields are shown in the GH cards can be customized as described here http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+Card+Styles

MarkW March 11, 2012

Thanks Renjith!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events