upgrade from jira 6.0.3 to 7

Jaimin Patel April 12, 2017

Hello Members,

this question is raised in many discussion and Q&A but i am raising this again.

our company is running Jira v6.0.3 and we need to upgrade to v7.3

path of upgrade should be follow 

v6.0.3 to v6.4

v6.4 to v7.0

v7.0 to v7.3

as per Jira documentation it recommend to do with fallback mechnism.

in our Env we have DB env Microsoft SQL 2008R2

v6.0.3 is supported to DB 2008R2 and v7.3 is not supporting to 2008R2 but it supports 2012 and 2014.

so i believe during JIRA upgrade i will have to do database upgrade as well. but there is not much details around it. can someone please suggest what should be ideal path to do this.

also during each interim upgrade i believe i have to backup data and use import/export XML data so all data is intake with interim version. just need confirmation on this as well.

appriciate your help in advance

Jaimin.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2017

I haven't looked, but there should be a JIRA version that supports both  2008 and 2012. I'd upgrade the database and go to that version of JIRA, then upgrade to the latest.  You also need to make sure you update JIRA Agile to the latest version before going to 7.X.  Obviously, test this first before doing on your production system. We do a fair amount of upgrades for clients running older versions of JIRA and they can be kind of messy.  

Jaimin Patel April 13, 2017

Thanks Dave, i willl test this out.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events