Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple sprints? or multiple teams?

Antonio Moreno August 27, 2016

We are a 7 people team,

Let's say 3 pure developers, 1 "functional" people, 1 Product owner, 1 "master" and 1 "technical organizer".

We should develop several lines in our main project.

Let's say each one of the 3 developer is developing mainly ONE line. Each developer is supported by functional or PO.

I don't understand very well how to replicate our structure in JIRA, as it seems I CAN CREATE ONLY ONE SPRINT PER PROJECT.

It seems one  way would be to create a project for each line. BUT I can't create a UNIQUE dashboard!!! I would like to have a general view.

Other way could be to put all the "lines" in the same sprint. But lines of development could be really unrelated.

I'm not sure why It's not possible to create multiple sprints, which seems to me the natura way.

Maybe I'm not understanding here agile methodology.

Or there is a better way.

Any suggestion welcome

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Himanshu Goyal August 28, 2016

What version of JIRA software are you using ? With JIRA software version (>7.1), multiple sprints can be created. Thereafter, you can maintain different lines with each sprint.

For creating a dashboard out of this, would suggest to link confluence with JIRA and create a dashboard page reflecting different metrics for each of your project on the same page. There's also 'portfolio with JIRA' plugin which can be used for creating program level dashboard to reflect status for multiple projects. Though I haven't used it, have heard it is very useful.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2016

Why do you want to use multiple sprints? The only benefit to using sprints is to understand a team's velocity.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events