16 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Hi Jeffrey,

I assume, that you have selected a project, that contains epics and stories and that you are allowed to browse them.

Did you change anything at your configuration like issue type name for 'Epic' and 'Story'?

Do you use jira agile?

Cheers,

Florian

1 vote
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

Hi Jeffrey,

can we carry out a webex session?

Florian

1 vote
Jeffrey Neville November 25, 2013

Florian

same issue in chrome and safari

no java script errors or certificate errors

here is what i see

0 votes
brian schnibben May 13, 2014

I am also experiencing the same problem - epics show - no stories to go along with them. But - for some of the projects everything shows fine. Very inconsistent.

0 votes
Caleb April 2, 2014

I'm having the same problem. I notice that if I create a new story for an epic, it shows up in the story map. But if I use the "drag" feature to drag a story into an epic, it does not appear.

0 votes
Andrew Clarson January 29, 2014

I have the same problem, my story map is just empty despite being the system administrator (so have full permissions to everything) we have currently use greenhopper and have ~ 100 epics and 900 stories which are all linked together using standard greenhopper approach

atlassian ondemand version: 6.2-OD-07-028

greenhopper (now jira agile) version: 6.3.7

0 votes
Michael Keil January 1, 2014

Hey Jeffrey,

I ran in the same problems as you? Did you manage to solve it somehow?

Cheers

Michael

Mark Derbecker January 2, 2014

Same here... Still looking for a solution.

BTW, I tried renaming the custom field "Epic/Theme" to "Epic", but it had no effect.

0 votes
Jeffrey Neville December 20, 2013

just trying to stop the emails

0 votes
Doran Sheftall December 3, 2013

Hi!

I am having trouble configuring your product. We use JIRA Agile (formerly Greenhopper) extensively, but I do not see the "Epic" field being referred to in your document. Story points was found, but I believe you document is outdated. Jira Agile now creates/configures a field named "Epic/Theme" with type "Labels" (at least this applies to On Demand, not sure about Download). I believe this field is one and the same. Please advise how I can edit you product to view this field instead of the one found in your document

0 votes
Jeffrey Neville December 2, 2013

yes, when would be a good time. I am Eastern US time (NYC)

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2013

I was able to reproduce your behavior with a project key like 'in' or 'is', which are JQL key words - can that be your case, too?

however, this will be fixed next week!

Jeffrey Neville November 29, 2013

I am not sure what a project key is, how do i find out what mine is?

Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2013
a project has a name and a key; the key is shown in the story map url for instance.
Jeffrey Neville November 29, 2013

My Project key is NP

?project=NP

Jeffrey Neville December 1, 2013

Florian, any other thoughts on this? I would really like to get this to work.

0 votes
Jeffrey Neville November 26, 2013

I think that is is specific with one project. I can see stories in a sandbox project that I created but can not see them on the story map for our main project. The only customization I am aware of is that we changed the default workflow.

Are there other dependencies/assumptions you guys make that would cause stories not to show up for just one project?

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2013

hm, sounds strange..

The map should show all issues of your project (only) from type Story and Epic ordered by rank

how many issues contains your project - maybe try a different one.

0 votes

Also, i am able to create a story in storymap. that story then shows up in the storymap but only that issue

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2013

OK, than we may have client side restrictions:

# which browser do you use (may be try a different one)?

# is java script enabled? or do you obtain js errors?

# do you get certificate errors (check the sign left of the https:// url)?

0 votes

yes your assumptions are correct.

no I do not beleive that we have changes type names

Yes we use jira agile

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events