Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does an issue linked to an EPIC of another project stop showing in its project board?

Nischal Sharma October 9, 2020

I linked one of the issues to an EPIC of another project. As soon as I did that, the particular issue stopped being visible on the board itself. What could be the reason and how do I fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joy RK October 10, 2020

Your current board query may be restricted to just the project you created the board on, so you need to review the query of your board to include other projects.

If you can share your query, I could suggest some edits. :)

Nischal Sharma October 10, 2020

Hey Joy. Got it. But the problem then would be that all issues from other projects would then start reflecting here. 

My current query is " project = AD " 

The EPIC is in another project which is "AAP". In general, for this project, the ticket will get associated with EPICs of 2 other projects which are "AAP" and "AIES". 

My requirement is that the in project I only want issues belonging to AD to be visible on the board while having the ability to associate them to EPICs of another project. 

Is this possible?

Joy RK October 11, 2020

Let me clarify your request for my understanding:

• Your board is created in project AD
  • Stories in AD are linked to stories in other projects (AAP, AIES)
  • You want to be able to see on your board all stories in AD as well as the stories they are linked to

Yes, it is possible.

With limited understanding of your current jira configuration I'd suggest you try the following queries. 
Options:

1. You need to leverage other filters. (for example, if there is a common field shared across all project.)

2. You need to open up your query:
    • Project in (AD,  AAP, AIES)
    • Project = AD OR (Project in (AAP, AIES) and issueType  != Epic) 
      This query will allow you to see stories of the projects  but not the Epics (as these should not be in your board)

Caveat:You must have access to the other boards as a user.

Continue to tweak it based on your configuration, these should give you a starting point.

Joy 

Nischal Sharma October 12, 2020

Hey Joy,

Thanks a lot this worked perfectly fine. 

Like Joy RK likes this
Joy RK October 12, 2020

Good to hear :)!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events