Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When clicking on the arrow next to Agile in the top left toolbar i get "The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down." What's the fix?

creativehamlet October 3, 2012

I have just started using Greenhopper/Jira and in trying to use the Agile project or option view I continually get this error:

"The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."

I have tried switching browsers.

I have tried other computers and starting and restarting.

Googled a fix and couldn't find any live links to any recent answers.

It is the portion that allows me to change "Plan modes" and I'm stuck in 'Classic Planning Board'. Not good.

As I said i'm new to the software would love to continue using it but to tell you the truth the learning curve seems a bit more drastic than Pivotal tracker.

Thanks for the help

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2012

Hi creative,

Please open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com and one of our OnDemand Support Engineers will be able to help diagnosing what is happening.

Cheers,
Felipe Cuozzo
OnDemand Development

0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Deleted my answer - I just noticed that you're using the OnDemand version.

0 votes
creativehamlet October 3, 2012

Well thanks for trying.

0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

I've had this happen more than once, right after upgrading UPM. Each time, I've stopped and started the JIRA service and it's come back up with no problems.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events