What happens to existing zephyr tickets and test cycles when discontinue the zephyr plug-in form jir

Chamini Kumara April 16, 2019
I have existing zephyr tickets and test cycles. We use jira cloud. We want to discontinue using zephyr plug-in. Want to understand the effects of removing zephyr plug-in form jira.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Brian Walker April 16, 2019

Hi Chamini,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

First, I would be recommended to export all your data into Excel so you can Import it in future to some other test management app or select another test management app and migrate all your existing data from Zephyr and once you will rest assured in terms of data then decommission the zephyr. I have done the same thing in the past.

Cheers!

Brian.

0 votes
Deleted user April 16, 2019

Hi @Chamini Kumara 

You would need to back up all the data associated with Zephyr (tickets and test cycles). The test cycle data would be inaccessible and I would suggest porting the tickets to a different issue type that is not utilised by Zephyr. Once it is deactivated the data will not be accessible

Hope this helps

Brian Walker April 16, 2019

Hi Danny,

I am curious to know that once I will port my Test issue to some other issue type then am I able to see all the steps? I guess no, I have tried in the past and I didn't the get success. 

If you have some best practices for porting any test issue type to other custom issue type then please share it with us.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events