We are using Jira, a highly customizable tool, and I am told Atlassian blocks this.

Emily Heureux May 19, 2017

I would like to have shortcuts for Clone and Archive.  I am told from others in the field outside of my company that Jira is highly customizable, but at my company, Atlassian blocks us from customizing shortcuts and pulldowns.  Can you help please?  I have to use Clone and Archive several times in one sitting, and those functionalities are buried in multiple pulldowns across the screen.  I am getting frustrated using Jira.

I am also curious why we are not allowed to customize, including the admins assigned to customize Jira for us, when we were expecting this to be customizable.  Please comment.

Emily

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2017

You don't say whether you are using Cloud or Server.

If you are on Cloud, then Atlassian limits your customisations to things that they can support, as your system is running on their kit and you're relying on them to support it. 

If you are on Server, then you are free to customise it completely.  Atlassian may not support your customisations, but you are free to do them.

In short, it's not Atlassian blocking your customisations, it's your administrators, either by not doing them or by choosing a system where they cannot be done.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events