Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Velocity Charts - Committed Vs Completed

Tom January 17, 2018

What is the difference between committed points and completed points in the Velocity Chart?

In one of my sprints, I had committed points of 129 but Completed points of 102. All stories were completed, though.

In another sprint, I had committed points of 98, but Completed points of 100. All stories were completed. What is it telling me?

It sounds like we may have removed some scope from the first sprint, but I'm not sure how completed differed from committed in the second sprint, as scope was locked down upon the start of the sprint.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

Did you change the estimation at all? If you view the Burndown charts for those sprints, do you see the scope changes listed there?

Tom January 18, 2018

I double-checked the sprint report. There were some changes in points during the sprint, which added up to a net two-point change. Now I understand how to read the report. That's very useful information for quality control.

Thanks, Boris!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events