Velocity Charts - Committed Vs Completed

What is the difference between committed points and completed points in the Velocity Chart?

In one of my sprints, I had committed points of 129 but Completed points of 102. All stories were completed, though.

In another sprint, I had committed points of 98, but Completed points of 100. All stories were completed. What is it telling me?

It sounds like we may have removed some scope from the first sprint, but I'm not sure how completed differed from committed in the second sprint, as scope was locked down upon the start of the sprint.

1 answer

1 vote
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jan 17, 2018

Did you change the estimation at all? If you view the Burndown charts for those sprints, do you see the scope changes listed there?

I double-checked the sprint report. There were some changes in points during the sprint, which added up to a net two-point change. Now I understand how to read the report. That's very useful information for quality control.

Thanks, Boris!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 12, 2018 in Agile

How Davin Studer gets Confluence to do everything he wants it to do...except dishes

@Davin Studer holds many interests, including but not limited to health tech and Star Trek. Read on to discover more about Davin, from his favorite Confluence macros to his favorite lit...

275 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you