Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using greenhopper/agile scrum for a small development team covering several projects

Colin Griffiths February 26, 2013

The way the greenhopper application appears to function is that for every project there is a dedicate development team allowing for easy planning and working at individual project levels. We only have a small development team and many of those developers are involved in different projects which greenhopper does not appear to cater for. Assuming you have other customers or perhaps first hand experience of the issues faced in this situation you could offer some advice? For instance how can we do effective planning of resource for one project when some of the developers are involved in other projects and therefore can not provide their full dedication to one project? From our perspective we need a governing project/view that we can use to plan work for all projects based on available resources spread across these projects. Any help/advice you can offer would be appreciated. Kind Regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2013

Hi Colin,

This is not uncommon, crops up fairly regularly with consulting companies.

What you may like to do is have a Scrum board that includes a number of JIRA Projects, one for each customer perhaps. You can then create a sprint for the whole team that includes the work of various clients, allowing you to build a single sprint backlog for all work.

You can add multiple projects to a single Scrum board via Tools -> Configuration -> Filter -> Manage Filter -> Edit, and from there add more projects as needed.

Take a look and let me know if that works for your environment.

Thanks Colin,
Nicholas Muldoon

Colin Griffiths March 7, 2013

Thanks. That's perfect. I didn't realise you could associate multiple projects to a single scrum board.

0 votes
Dominic Blasius June 20, 2013

Hi Nicholas,

i have a question in the same topic. Do i have to create a new Project (an "All" project) to have a multi project board or is theare another way to create a new scrum without a fixed project ?

Thanks in advance,

Dominic Blasius

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

you need to select the projects manually you want to see in your Scrum/Kanban Board. no wildcard option available here.

no way to create a scrum board w/o any assigned project. you will have to select at least a single one

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events