Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Kanban board in Service Desk trial

Tijs van den Bogaard April 21, 2016

Hi,

I'm evaluating Service Desk in Trial mode.

https://tiboservicedesk.atlassian.net

But it doesn't have a Kanban board.
I did find a comment that it would be possible if you create a kanban board
from JIRA and 'connect' it to the service desk project.

But how can this be done if I only have a trial for Service Desk?

Kind regards,

Tijs.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Sue Marmion May 6, 2016

I have JIRA Software, JIRA Core AND JIRA Service Desk - cloud version.  I have tried creating a Kanban board from a Service Desk project, however the issues do not pull to the board.  I have verified the statuses are provided for in the columns and verified that the filter returns issues.  In fact, when I view the column config view, it shows issue counts for the issues that are not pulling to the board.  Any suggestions?

0 votes
Tony Pham April 22, 2016

Tijs

JSD is an JIRA add-on, if you want to create a Scrum or Kanban board, you will need to install JIRA on your server. By doing this, you will be able to customized much more for your needs.

Tony Pham

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2016

That's not quite right.  JSD is an application,  for JIRA, not an add-on.  Secondly, JIRA does not have Kanban or Scrum boards.  Those are implemented by JIRA Software, which is another application for it.

JIRA Core only has "business" type boards (and that's a "lab" experimental function, not formally supported yet)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events