Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see User Story in Backlog and Sprint

Chandrasekhar September 26, 2020

There was an user story and it was assigned to a sprint and it was visible. 

When i added one more user story, the first user story disappeared, and is not visible in Backlog or in the sprint. 

But it is visible from Epic and Issue navigator. 

How can i make it visible in the sprint?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tiru Naidu October 2, 2023

There could be couple issues for this

1)One is current status

2) Instead of a user story, some create a task and expect it to be under the current sprint.

3) Instead of User story, some create a epic and expect it to be under the current sprint.

Try understanding the board is more important and create user epics,stories,issues,tasks and subtasks accordingly.

In addition epics and stories can be linked to the sprint, However if the epic is linked to the current and user story is not linked, then user story will not be shown under the current sprint. It is mandatory to link the user story also to the current sprint, then only it will show under current sprint.

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2020

Hi @Chandrasekhar 

Can you share what is the current "status" of the story with which you are facing this issue?

Also have you checked the activity log of this particular user story to verify if any action/ operation has been performed on this user story (before/ just after you added the new story)?

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2020

Yes, the old story could have been moved to DONE or a corresponding status :)?
Hence, it's not seen in the backlog but visible in Epic and issue navigator.!

Like Chandrasekhar likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

Yes, that's the most probable reasons why a story wont appear in your backlog or in the sprint :-)

Like # people like this
Chandrasekhar October 5, 2020

Status of the Story is 'Testing'.

When i see under Reports - Sprint Report

the missing story is listed under 'Issues Removed from Sprint'.

How do i put it back either to Sprint or Backlog?

Joy RK October 12, 2020
  1. How to put it back into to Sprint:
    Do you have a field that displays the Sprint? If yes, simply edit the story to include the Sprint name you want it to be part of.
  2. How to put it back into to Backlog:
    If the story has not been resolved/closed out, it should be in your backlog; I'm curious what the status of this story is and if the status is.
    Do a search on your backlog, if you don't find it, then you need to review the Query of your board to see if it is configured to filter out certain types of stories.
Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events