Unable to justify Hour burn down Chart values and related plotting in graph

shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

I am using JIRA v5.0.6 with GH v10.3. Chart is showing remaining effort values against some tasks. I have attached the chart and the excl data with this ticket. How do we address/adjust the 11 hour remaining GAP in the Sprint data. We do not want to close the sprint with remaining hours in tasks since the tasks are 100 % complete but due to understanding issue and training gap, the assignee did not set the remaining hours to zero by 28th Nov(end of sprint date). Yesterday that is as on 4th Dec, all assignee marked the remaining hours as Zero. The graph is unchanged even though all the tasks are now having no hours left.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

You can set up a post function so that when an issue is closed the time remaining is automatically set to zero. Without this, unless the time remainng was manually set to zero or the logged work matched then this remaing time will show in the hours burndown chart. If this is a concern you will need to reopen each JIRA and then reclose setting the remaing time to zero.

shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2012

You mean I should write code or is it only some configuration setting only?

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2012
shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2012

:( i hv 5.0.6 version of JIRA....I guess this feature is not present in this version

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2012

It's a GreenHoper fucntion what version are you using? I think it was added in 5.6 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS/fixforversion/16299

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events