Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Boards for One Project with One Flow

Amit Arora December 13, 2017

Hello, I am setting up a project using JIRA Agile for my team. I am using Scrum methodology.

Our team is split into two groups. Those requesting the work, and those doing the work. I ideally like to have two boards for our team.

One board would be a Sprint board, We are using the default scrum workdlow. I want to integrate the following 

1.  create user story tasks in Jira for analysis phase, those task will not be part of Sprints, but is required to manage workload of other team who are requesting for the work and projects as well.

2. When the other team analysis phase is done then that user story will appeared in the backlog.

Any example workflows that have this setup would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Hello @Amit Arora

This is a common requirement and not difficult to implement. 

Basically split your workflow among two boards based on JQL filters which are fetching issues for the boards.

In your workflow you can have status "ready for sprint" which can be the first status for the "sprint" board and before this there can be statuses like 

"In review" , "review done" etc and these statuses will form the "product owner" board (kanban board) and the moment the issue moves to final status status of PO board it will automatically appear in the scrum board backlog. 

The trick here is to have proper workflow statuses for both reviewing and then developing/testing and create board specific JQL filters which fetch issues meant for that board only. Rest everything will be taken care of by JIRA.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events