Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasks don't appear in Kanban agile column

Steffan Klein November 21, 2013

After checking all FAQs I still can not figure out why tasks will not show up in some of the new columns even though they have been assigned to the status assigned to the column.

Atlassian On Demand.

Two columns show no tasks even though there are tasks assigned to the statuses.

Filter seems ok, tasks show the status, but the columns don't show them.

Please urgently help as the whole task management has come to a stop because of this.

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffan Klein November 26, 2013

Yes, that was it. I stared at the filter 10 times and still didn't notice the one column wasn't included.

The reason: the status assigned to the column was below the drop down menu - so not immediately visible.

0 votes
Steffan Klein December 7, 2013

I keep getting emails about resolving the question - but since there is no obvious way for me to close this question I would appreciate to either not get t hose emails or if yuo could previde a clear way to close questions as per your requests.

For me the question is resolved - but how am I supposed to close it in your system?

The following questions of yours are still unresolved:

Please consider one of the following actions:

• Accept an answer (click the grey check mark)
  • Answer your own question, then accept your answer (find the 'Answer my own question' link underneath your question)
  • Edit your question for clarification
  • Add a comment for more information from an existing answer
  • Close the question, if it's invalid
0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2013

Hi Steffan,

We worked on this issue seperately, but I'd like to share the cause to help other Agile users that may encounter the same behaviour.

JIRA Agile boards are driven by their underlying filter. Any changes to an underlying workflow, like the addition of a status, will also require an update to your saved filter, if the saved filter restricts the issue types returned.

The best way is to remember is each JIRA Agile board has at its heart a saved filter :)

Cheers,

Paul

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events