Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtask Estimates and Assignees are not included in "Summary of Assigned Work" in JIRA Agile

Steven Hughes August 26, 2016

We are trying to move to JIRA Agile for spring planning.  I created a Board, began planning a sprint, added a new Story. Our features are complex aerospace features and different individuals work on different parts of the work flow  (spec, code, test, doc etc.)  I  added sub-tasks to the story for the work to be performed by different team members (spec sub-task is assigned to Jim, code sub-task is assigned to Sally etc.).  I added estimates to each sub-task.

When I go to the board and click "View Summary of Assigned Work"  only the story owner is listed has having assigned work in the sprint, and it says the  summary of Original Estimates is zero.  Note: I have checked "Include Subtasks" in the Time-Tracking menu on the user story.  On the story ticket, the time is correctly summed for the subtask, it is just not accurately reflected on the board. 

1)  Is this a bug, am I missing a step in configuration somewhere, or is this expected behavior? 

2)  How can I see a roll up of all work assignments and estimates to make sure no single member is over-committed in a sprint.  Do you have to use higher level tickets like tasks for everything (that would be bad IMO because it clutters the planning board). 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Dominik Haag October 24, 2016

Same problem for me. What is Atlassians answer on this?

Mark Brown April 18, 2019

+1

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events