It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Start a Board

Adrian Deane Brannen-Jurgenson I'm New Here Apr 11, 2019

Hello,

I'm unsure how to begin a board, even.  It may be a simple access thing (my account is via my company), but are there very simple instructions on how to start a board?  My goal is to explore agile board representations for my analysts team and our projects.

Thank you,

-Deane

2 answers

1 vote
Arden Hawley Apr 11, 2019 • edited
Hey Deane, you can check out Atlassian's guide here:
https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/creating-your-agile-board
0 votes
Marianne Miller Apr 22, 2019

You definitely need to have it enabled and be granted access.  You will see Boards in your menu, and from there will need Create permissions.  If you don't see that, talk with your administrator for access.

You can create a scrum or a Kanban board, and are able to make any number of configurations based on existing filters (queries).  You can customize column names, swimlanes, filters, colors, layouts, etc.

You will be able to make changes and find the right configuration that tells your story.  I think of boards a constant work in progress.  There's always a small tweak or update that can can present your date a little differently.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Agile

Marketplace Spotlight: Scaling Agile with Atlassian Apps

The approach to scaling agile with Atlassian is different for every company. Whether you are a large enterprise company adept in the way...

71 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you