Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Backlogs on many Products

Vasilis Gennaris November 6, 2017

Hi all, 

i have the below riddle to solve. I have four products that its of which has its own project and backlog. The thing is that i dont have cross-functional teams (design - front-end, etc are shared resources) and i would like to be able to create issues from one project (one of the four) and put them in another backlog (design) that it would propably exist in another project.

Is that possible? Do you have any other approach to suggest for this case.?

Thanks in advance!,

Vassilis

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

It's important to understand that backlogs, sprints and boards do NOT belong to projects.  They're related of course, and there is often a simple relationship where a board only draws issues from one project, but they do not belong to projects.

Change the board filters to include the issues you need in the other backlog.  You will also need to ensure the users have the right permissions to see and update all the issues included.

Let's say, for example, you have projects ABC and DEF, and your new backlog should include all of ABC and issues of type "design" from DEF.

To get your mixed backlog, create a board that uses a filter for "project = ABC or (project = DEF and issuetype = design)"

Vasilis Gennaris November 6, 2017

The main thing is to being able to create an issue from a project and have the ability to choose the backlog i want to put it.. So it woud be nice to have as a choise to select the backlog or project

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events