Scrum board question

Rumceisz April 3, 2013

Hi All,

we use scrum board for our sprints. We applied the simplified WF so we are able to transition issues among statuses by grabbing the issues.

But as a scrum leader I need to assign the issues among ny developers when balancing. But it's not possible to grab the issues betweeen 2 users.

Can you please help?

Without that the scrum board is a bit lame...

Thanks,

Rumi

4 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

You must have the ability to execute the workflow transition on the issue inorder to drag it between columns on the scrum board. Check your workflow conditions.

Rumceisz April 4, 2013

Hi John,

as I mentioned, we applied the simplified workflow so we can horizontally drag issues between columns (=statuses).

But we are not able to drag issues between developers (means: assigning issues simply by dragging it).

So now the scrum board is a bit lame: it's not like a whiteboard where I can drag the tasks between my developers.

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2013

You could have a status per developer

• John dev
  • Margrit dev

But this will not change the assignee.

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2013

I think assign is not possible using drag & drop in the board. Use '.' shortcut to get assign dialog for the highlighted issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+Keyboard+Shortcuts#UsingKeyboardShortcuts-operations_dialog

If you want to have columns per assignee, you can use JQLs to define the columns. But again, I think you are not able to assign by drag and drop even for these JQL defined columns.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2013

Hi Rumi,

Does Quick Filter in the board does not suit your requirement ? In general, you can filter the issue based on the developers https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Quick+Filters

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events