Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrum Rapid Board isn't showing sub-tasks

Betty Fleming November 12, 2012

I created a new rapid board to show all open bugs, both story-level and sub-task level. Everything shows up correctly in the filter, but on the board, all I see are the story-level bugs.

5 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Annicka Rosengren November 13, 2012

Is it in plan mode, sub-tasks are only shown in detaild view of issue, se below answer:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32945/scrum-rapid-board-questions/84539

In work mode the sub-tasks should be visible.

Betty Fleming November 13, 2012

Thanks for your help Annicka. I'm not sure what I did, but I'm seeing them now.

0 votes
anowak February 8, 2021

Hi - I have the same problem now (2021). Sub-tasks not showing up in the SCRUM board. 

We're using the Jira cloud and just started a project a few weeks ago.  All Jira configuration is pretty much out of the box. Only a few custom fields have been added. Workflows, types, states have not changed.

We created Epics and Stories. Stories have been broken down into sub-tasks. We created a sprint, pulled some stories into the sprint and started the sprint.

However, the Active Board showed only stories. You have to click on a story to see its sub-tasks in the pop-up window.

So, conceptually, how would one work with stories and sub-tasks in a scrum board? 

Do I have to enable some automation (e.g. I saw some state automation for stories and tasks, like to change the state of a story when all sub-tasks state have changed, etc).

0 votes
Ade Shokoya March 6, 2013

Hi - is it possible to hide the sub-task from the Scrum work mode view?

Thanks

Annicka Rosengren March 7, 2013

Use a quick filter and hide the subtasks.

0 votes
Betty Fleming November 12, 2012

It's the same workflow, and there are no unmapped statuses and no constraints...

0 votes
Annicka Rosengren November 12, 2012

Do you have different workflow statuses for the sub-tasks? If thats the case, are the sub-task status mapped in board configuration?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events