Scrum Master and Scrum Product Owner

How does Scrum Master certification differ from Scrum Product Owner certification? Who should go for Scrum product owner certification?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I myself found an answer fo this question on http://www.scrum-master.info.

Simple answer is Scrum Master certification will better suit people in the technical side and Scrum Product Owner certification will better suite people in the business side. As per

"

Scrum Master: All the Scrum terminologies and concepts are covered. The course focus and discuss more on product development, Daily Stand-up, Sprint backlog, Sprint Review, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective etc in addition to all the Scrum concepts.
Scrum Product Owner: This course looks at Scrum from the Product Owner's point of view. It is again a comprehensive course on Scrum but will be more suitable for people who are in the role of a Product Owner/Business Analyst/ Project Managers or Project Sponsors etc. You will have better exposure towards, preparing product backlog and acceptance criteria, breaking epic into user stories, prioritizing tasks etc in addition to all Scrum concepts. A product owner is basically the voice of the customer, so the training would be from that perspective. "

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Agile

What's new this quarter in Confluence Server - August 2018

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Ada , and I'm the Product Marketing Manager for Confluence Server at Atlassian. If you missed   our last post, we're transitioning to quarterly updates&nb...

105 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you