Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrum Board using limit WIP (Scrunban)

Deleted user February 15, 2013

I would like to use the Kanban WIP limits inside the Scrum Board.

Some people refer it as Scrunban which incoporate Kanban stream aspects to Scrum process.

My Problem:

I have a team using Scrum to help on project manegement, we have basic queues/columns.

The team is main concentrated on backlog and give less priority to QA column, causing long queue which is burned down in the end of the sprint.

My suggestion to fix it:

An Visual Warnning by using limit WIP inside the Scrum board which will bring the attention to the team to act on QA column.

Important: I need to use Scrum Board for this particular case, kanban is not ideal for what I need to achieve.

For sure I need to work on behavior and cultural aspects of priorities and stream concept from Lean, but I'd like to not discuss these points and keep it in technical and product aspects.

References:

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2013

Hi Rafael,

I believe you can achieve what you are looking for today by using the column constraints. While they do not enforce the limit they do visualise when the limit has been busted, helping change the teams behaviour.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
@njm

Deleted user February 15, 2013

Thanks Nicolas,

I saw now the Columns Constraint for issue count. And it enable the Min and Max values that I wanted.

Cheers,

Rafael

1 vote
Javier Salvay April 25, 2017

Well, when you say Scrumban, you are mixing a little the concepts. Scrumban is not just adding WIP limit, it needs several things that JIRA does not have yet (at least in the Server version).

I believe that it is better to use a Kanban board + adding (I do not know how) the sprints feature. However, I believe that JIRA does not allows that from a configuration perspective.

Is there any other idea?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events