Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing issues from sprint - any logic?

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

Hello,

we are using Greenhopper and have a board with an active sprint, several sprint markers and backlog. When I remove issues from active sprint sometime they are put to the backlog and sometimes to the next following sprint marker. Is there any logic what Greenhopper is doing in this way?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2013

The theory is below (stolen from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Ending+a+Sprint ) but I've heard of cases where it's not doing exactly that. Seen it a few times myself, but always been able to track it down to a dubious definition of "done" in our more peculiar projects. I am not entirely sure how it decides what the "next planned sprint" is either (I'd suggest it should be by date, but I don't actually know)

Any issues not completed at the end of the sprint will be returned to the backlog (or to the next planned sprint, if you have one) as they did not meet the team's definition of "Done".

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events