Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Way to Add an Issue to a Sprint

Jared Napora August 25, 2013

When issues are added, is there a quick way to add the issue to a sprint from the issue navigator?

Currently we do the following to add the issue to the sprint:

1. Browse to issue in issue navigator

2. Click "View of Board" link under Agile section

3. Select Board from pop-up

4. Right-click issue and send to the desired sprint

Fewer steps would be desirable.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Terris Linenbach December 10, 2020

It's almost 2021 and there still isn't an easy way to add a ticket to a sprint when you're editing it. There used to be. I remember the good old days of JIRA. I can't stand using your product any more.

Randy Loffelmacher December 22, 2020

I'm not as anti-Jira as this commenter, but I fully agree that it is way too complicated to add an issue into a sprint. I have been using Jira for 10+ years and I am stumped for going on 20 minutes now.

Like # people like this
jhon February 12, 2021

+1

Guillo February 18, 2021

+1

Dave Hussey February 18, 2021

There used to be a way in Jira Agile to just type add an issue quickly to a sprint by completing a text field and adding it with just a name.  Then you could click into the ticket and add all of the deets, so you started with it in the sprint.

We're considering using the product again, is that feature gone?

3 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Well, you could always insert the ID of the Sprint to the issue if you know what the ID is. Or you could create the issue in the board itself and then drag it to the Sprint.

Stephen Collins May 3, 2018

Timothy's recommendation worked like a charm. Nice one. 

Like # people like this
chaitanya_vulli May 14, 2018

Is there a way I can assign the task to a Sprint from CLI. I tried below command and output showing it is created but actually the field or value is not been updated.

jira.sh --action createIssue --summary "For Sprint 14" --user XXXX --password XXXXX --server "https://XXXXXX.net" --project 'XXXXX' --type "task" --assignee XXXX --description "XXXXXX" --field 'Sprint' --value "Sprint 14"
Issue DEVOPS-753 created with id 48521.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Patty Yuen December 30, 2020

I have an issue that has 3 sprints assigned - how to remove the month in which it was erroneously associated?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events