Print Kanban Board

Eric Pili November 6, 2013

Is there a way to print a Kanban Board. or export it to excel or a pdf?

6 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2013

Hi Eric,

As far as I know it is not possible to export it to excel or pdf.

You might use your browser to export the page for printing, but there might be layout issues depending on the version you are using, as described in this bug.

It is also possible to print the issues as cards, as described in - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Printing+Issues+in+Card+Form

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Danilo

Stephanie Miller November 19, 2015

This link is now a 404 error listed above

Like Alex Butson likes this
2 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

You can print the JIRA Software gadgets using the PDF View Plugin, including also the Kanban board gadget:

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report

Also check out this sample PDF: http://www.midori-global.com/downloads/jpdf/jira-dashboard-kanban-report.pdf

See more examples and the documentation.

(Disclaimer: I am a developer of this paid app.)

2 votes
Tommy G May 12, 2015

We use a slightly fiddly but serviceable (and free!) workaround.

What we do is use the appropriate filters to get the board as we want in the browser (we use Chrome) then print to PDF using PDFCreator (there are plenty of other similar programs) as a landscape A2 document.

The 4 columns we use don't quite perfectly stay in line with their issues, but they are certainly close enough that you can tell which issues are in which column without needing to think about it.

We then print it as A3 "to fit" so that it shrinks to fill out a landscape A3. A4 would be too small to be usable for our 4 columns, but if you only use 3 it may be acceptale.

Barbara Lloyd May 2, 2016

This worked pretty good for us.  We have 6 columns in our Kanban,  I printed to PDF with size A3 then the default on my printer settings are letter and fit.  It printed pretty well except for two aspects: 1) the final column is not included but it is not critical for incomplete work; 2) the column headers overlap the top card in each column (see sample below).

But this is definitely better than printing directly to the printer.  I am using Chrome; these results may vary in other browsers.

image2016-5-2 8:17:3.png

Like Taichi Tomono likes this
Marina Rambo June 12, 2020

This combined with a custom size paper setting is perfect for me.  I set mine at 12" wide by 24" tall and it prints perfect to PDF.

Like Taichi Tomono likes this
0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2016

Hi @Eric Pili

You can do it using the Agile Board FIlter + Agile Cards

unprinted.png

See latest video how to print unprinted issues only

0 votes
Flying Agile
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

You can print issues to PDF via Agile Issue Printer plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.flyingagile.jira.plugin.aip)

It works for JIRA and JIRA Agile so you can easly print issues in selected psrint or event Sprint state column

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Excel would not be a very good option for this, I'm affraid. One thing you could try is implementing the Kanban board layouting logic using the PDF View Plugin.

In nutshell:

1. define the filter that returns the cards on the board you wanted to print
  2. feed this list to a PDF View template
  3. the template should map the cards to columns (based on status) and swimlanes (based on the variable you prefer, by assignee, by priority, by epic)
  4. then render a big full-page table in the PDF and let the table renderer lay out your cards nicely

Then you have a representation optimized for printing. I'm not saying it is trivial, but definitely doable.

Start learning here:

(This actually sounds very interesting, so please free to reach out to us at info at midori.hu any time with your questions or results!)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events