Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize scrum and JIRA for multiple teams

John October 5, 2020

Hi All,

I am new to JIRA and Scrum and trying to learn with practical examples. I have a scenario as below.

There is a CRM tool. There are three different development teams(billing, API, Pricing) and one deployment team.

What is the best way to manage these 4 teams and run the scrum?

What is the best way to setup JIRA? it would be helpful if someone can explain with example for the above scenario.

how to plan for deployment? release plans, portfolio management?

How to track status of the teams and have a overall status update in a single chart or pictorial form?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

John - These are great questions, but not easily answered. First, each development team should have its own Scrum process including the Sprint planning, Standups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective. Deployment teams work best when they are working directly with the development teams. The members of the development teams may take on their own tasks, which should be part of each development team's sprint backlog. This way, you are helping to ensure that the output of each Sprint is not just code, but is deployable code. 

Jira Software provides out-of-the-box support for scrum teams. Since you are new to scrum, I recommend that you use the out-of-the-box implementation until the teams become comfortable with the process. Then, you will likely want to make adjustments to the out-of-the-box flows. 

Team-focused release management is included as part of the scrum project. For cross-team coordination, you should look at Advanced Roadmaps, which will give you the ability to see how the work for each team rolls up to the release and track the work and dependencies across the teams.

Feel free to get in touch with me directly (derek.fields @ rightstar.com) if you want to discuss this further.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events