Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No issues displaying in Scrum backlog

Ellen Daniel November 3, 2012

I'm trying to set up a new Scrum board for the first time, but no issues are displaying in my backlog. I checked the filter for the board, and the expected issues display in the issue filter screen. I've verified that the statuses of the issues match what is covered in the To Do column. I've searched the forums and the Atlassian issues pages, and can't find any answers. Please help. Thanks.

4 answers

Suggest an answer

9 votes
Menno Jansz November 3, 2012

I think I worked out how to fix this.

When you go to the board and select Tools->Configure->Columns then the Backlog status is under "Unmapped Statuses". When I drag it to the "To Do" column then my Backlogs show up on the Backlog page correctly. Then when I create and start a sprint, the backlogs included in the sprint show up on the Work page in the "To Do" column as expected.

I think this problem is due to an error which puts the unused "To Do" status in the "To Do" column, rather than the "Backlog" status. Note the exclamation next to the "To Do" status showing it's not used in the workflow.

1 vote
Matt Lackey August 20, 2013

We're setting up a scrum board to try out after having a kanban board with all of our tickets on it. When we created the scrum board for the same project nothing appeared in the backlog on the planning tab of the scrum board since we had a custom workflow/statuses.

For future users, make sure to investigate the columns of your new scrum board and drag any of your statuses (that you want to appear in your backlog in the planning tab) into the To-Do column of your new scrum board. When you revisit your planning tab, all the issues should be there.

0 votes
Joris Vleminckx November 21, 2019

In my case, in the column layout set-up, I had to move the unmapped ToDo status to the Planned column, where now I have Planned and ToDo statuses. This ensured that any "unsprinted" ToDo tickets show up in the backlog.

0 votes
Menno Jansz November 3, 2012

I'm having the exact same issue, also setting up a Scrum board for the first time.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events