Multi-level parent-child relationships available in v5.x?

Atlassian touts their product as being an Agile tool. One of the "needs" (not wants) are a way for me as PM to "nest" levels, that is, create parent-child, NOT peer, relationships between Epics, their associated Stories, and then their associated Sub-tasks. Is this available in the latest versions? I'm familirar with the Structure plugin, and yes, that is what I want from JIRA/Greenhopper out-of-the-box.

1 answer

This isn't available in JIRA 5.x. Structure is the closest thing. I checked the upcoming 6.0 release notes and didn't see anything related either.

Exactly as Harry says. No. You need the Structure plugin to do this.

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4446 for Atlassian's view on the issue (not ruled out, but not happening any time soon)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Teagan Harbridge
Published Wednesday in Agile

Top 10 Insights from the 12th Annual State of Agile Report

...challenges organisation’s experience in their efforts to adopt and scale agile.   Many people associate agility with complete flexibility. And that’s not necessarily true, as demonstrated by this finding....

296 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you