Looking for some drag and drop features on the agile boards.

Michaela Gluchow May 15, 2017

Hi everybody,

I am wondering if the following drag and drop features are somehow available for the Jira Agile Boards:

• Drag and Drop to assign issue to another swim lane (e.g. swimlanes based on assignee or project)
  • Drag a task on another task to transform it into a sub-task.

I am quite sure it does not work with the existing boards. Are there any plugins or something to realize it?

We are currently testing Jira in the cloud but plan to switch to a server version, if tests are successful.

Best regards,

Michaela

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2017

I've not seen any add-on that will do this, and yes, you're right, natively, it does not happen.

For "move to sub task", that would be a nice feature in some ways, although I don't think it's appropriate for Scrum boards in work mode - you should have been grooming the issues into the right shape well before you started the sprint!  It would be useful in Kanban or Scrum planning though.

For the swimlanes, there's a massive logical problem with it.  Again, it would be a nice feature, for basic swimlanes, but it won't work for most swimlanes.  Swimlane on assignee would be simple-ish to do, projects or issue type a bit more (the "move" process is not trivial in JIRA), but then you run into the ones that are impossible.  Imagine even the most simple cases - lane 1 = "component = X", and lane 2 = "assignee = Dave".  Or lane 1 = "assignee = Alice or Dave"

Michaela Gluchow May 18, 2017

Hi Nic,

thanks for your fast answer. 

We are currently working not with Scrum oder Kanban, just using the boards ;) But I agree, this should happen in Grooming... if we would do it!

Of course drag and drop for filters would be a different story, but for the "standard" given swimlanes it would be great. Sad, that there's nothing available that offers this feature.

Cheers,

Michaela

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events