Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira workflow status on DONE but some Jira ID displays Unresolved resolutions

Walter October 15, 2020

Has anyone recently notice inconsistency whereby a Jira ID has a workflow in "DONE" status but the Resolutions is on "Unresolved"

This falls within Workflow & Transitions but am curious to know what causes this inconsistency. 

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2020

I have experienced this same issue. To resolve I have added post functions on the transition that update the resolution status automatically. Let me know if this is an approach you'd like to take and I'd be happy to share details about how to add those postfunctions to your workflows. 

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Hi,

Kindly check if 'Done' transition has post-function to set the resolution value. If there is no post-function, then it is an expected behavior. May be your workflow could have been recently modified.

0 votes
Joy RK October 15, 2020

Hi Walter,

Was the ticket transitioned from "Done" back to another preceding status?

Walter October 15, 2020

I reviewed the activities and it seem it was first from To Do to Done, then later reopened to InProgress then DONE. Its my assumption the team was trying to see if the Unresolved resolution will re adjust in vain. 

Joy RK October 15, 2020

That is a common reason; if the ticket moved from a resolved status to a previous status, the value of the resolution field automatically sets to "Unresolved".

To resolve it, your Jira Admin will need to update the workflow setting (backend automation I suppose) to:

• Clear the value of the Resolution Field if the status of the ticket is transitioned backwards.

Hope this helps.

:)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events