JIRA Kanban by Issue Type instead of by Status?

Michael J. Schneider March 11, 2019

I have set up a Kanban for my project, and the columns for the Kanban are TO-DO, OPEN, IN PROGRESS, IN QA, ON HOLD, and DONE.

I created a second Kanban and would like the columns to show the items by ISSUE TYPE (Bug, Configuration, Feature Request, and Task).

Is this possible because I haven't been able to do it so far.  In the new Kanban, when I set up the columns, over in the UNMAPPED STATUS section, in the upper section (Statuses containing issues) there are the cards for OPEN, IN PROGRESS, IN QA, ON HOLD, etc .

Is there a way to have those show by Issue Type?

Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

Not natively, the boards are coded to be groups of status.

The closest you could get is to use swimlanes, dividing and grouping the board horizontally by issue types.

There are a couple of Apps that do provide boards done differently.  I've used Comala's Canvas more than a couple of times to do things a bit like this, and I seem to remember it will let you work by issue type (as well as other fields)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events