Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with SSH connect Stash and Jenkins

Tim McConechy April 22, 2014

I followed the instructions here: http://nerdwin15.com/2013/04/continuous-integration-with-stash-and-jenkins/

I Have jenkins and stash "connected" however the current probelm is that running the builds hangs at fetching the repo...

Fetching upstream changes from ssh://git@git.xyz.com:7999/gp/gp-xyz.git

FATAL: Failed to fetch from ssh://git@git.xyz.com:7999/gp/gp-xyz.git hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Failed to fetch from ssh://git@git.xyz.com:7999/gp/gp-xyz.git

So from what I gather the problem is that if i run this command on jenkins (which is running on windows)..Is the fact that I have to enter a password here when i run this test command:

$ git clone ssh://git@git.xyz.com:7999/gp/gp-xyz.git Cloning into 'gp-xyz'... Enter passphrase for key '/c/Documents and Settings/userMe/.ssh/id_rsa':

How can i configure windows to store the ssh key so that I can clone like the build server does? Or configure jenkins or stash to use http?

What i tried is:

userMe@jenkins /C $ ssh -T git@git.xyz.com:7999 ssh: git.xyz.com:7999: no address associated with name

userMe@jenkins /C $ ssh -T git@git.xyz.comgit@git.xyz.com's password: Permission denied, please try again. git@git.xyz.com's password:

However, This confuses me. Because a) Stash is running on port 7999 and b) there is no actual user named git on stash but it wont let me change that in the Stash WebHook to Jenkins Plugin

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Richard Bywater
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

It looks like you've setup the Jenkins SSH key to have a passphrase (this would cause the "hang" that you mention when cloning from Jenkins). You'll want to either have a key without a passphrase (which needs to be in the .ssh directory of the user which Jenkins runs as), or setup the Jenkins Git configuration to use a credential where you've got the passphrase associated with the SSH key.

Using HTTP would also work if you allow anonymous access to the repository.

Tim McConechy May 14, 2014

Ended up just using Http so thanks for the idea

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events