Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there virtual stand up meeting functionality in Conflucence or Greenhopper?

Julia McCunn November 20, 2011

My team is looking at adding Greenhopper for an agile project we are starting. We have members of our team all over the world and want the ability to do daily stand ups in a virtual manner. Does Greenhopper or Confluence have this feature? If not, are there plug-ins that add this feature?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2011

What sort of functionality are you looking for in the 'Virtual Standup' mode? At the moment geodistributed teams can each view the Task Board or the new Rapid Boards and update their tasks (though a refresh is required for remote users). Is there other functionality you're looking for here?

Thanks,

Shaun

We are looking for the ability to have each team member post their status update each day (what they are working on today, what they did yesterday, and any roadblocks that need attention). Though we could do this with basic status updates in confluence, we need some added functionality to flilter by date, and possibly tag specific team members who need to act in order to unblock progress on a task.

The type of functionality we are looking to mimic is what Assembla provides, but we want to stay on the Atlassian toolset.

Like Marjorie likes this
Black Duck Software December 12, 2016

That would be fantastic functionality, our organization would love something like that.  Right now an Excel macro with each row representing a day is the best we can do.  Not great.

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2011

I haven't seen this feature in Confluence or GreenHopper, but I've worked with teams that use large screen tv's (46inch LCD's) and run their video conferencing system or even Skype, with virtual teams in multiple geographic locations (U.S., Brazil, India, Australia, etc.)

The nice thing with the large screens is you can have the video conference session up so you can see team members, but everyone can also look at the GreenHopper boards that show WIP or any other page you want team members to see.

You can probably get something like that up and running quicker than finding a plugin or trying to integrate this functionality in Confluence, although I'm sure with some development you can figure out a way to do it also.

This won't work for us, as we are not all working at the same times. While my team members here in the US are hard at work, some of our off-shore team is sleeping soundly. We need a "virtual" environment to post a status update each day, and identify issues or roadblocks we are having.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events