Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility to set the working time individually per employee

Simone Riecke January 15, 2021

We started with Jira from scratch and are gradually learning to work with the system.

Is there a possibility to set the working time individually per employee. Currently our Jira system calculates with 8h per day, which we have generally available for projects. But we partly work with other hour models like part-time etc. Is it possible to set this somewhere in Jira or do we need a special plugin?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

@Simone RieckeI'm not sure I totally understand your question. Each individual can log their own work time against an issue (if you have logging turned on and the permissions set correctly).

If you are looking to set how time is recorded that is in the settings as well. For instance if you want to have a 10 hour day instead of 8.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

The time format is changed under System settings, Look and Feel.

The time tracking is set under Settings, Issues, Time Tracking.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Simone Riecke January 17, 2021

Thank you so much. I will check it und you are right I want a 6 hour day instead of 8 hours.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021

@Simone Rieckethere is one other gotcha there I forgot to tell you about. If I remember correctly Jira will still convert every 6 hrs. into one day. i.e. - if your contract worker works 10 hours one week, it will come out as 1 Day, 4 hours.

I'm sorry if that detail throws another spanner in the works.

Simone Riecke January 18, 2021

Thank you very much, we were able to change this yesterday so that we see the hours again instead of the days. I should add that we are using Jira Cloud.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events