Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to save a snapshot of an Kanban board?

Hop Frog February 24, 2014

My Kanban boards evolve in time, and my company's workflow is that I rank cases and other people select what to implement -- which might or might not be done in my rank order. Months later, I have lost track of how I ranked things way back when.

Is there a way, when modifying a Kanban board, to save a snapshot for later examination? I've been doing this with screen shots, but my boards sometimes have enough cases in them that the font has to be reduced so much to get it into one image that the details become illegible.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Dave Hutton September 7, 2016

The only solution I've come up with so far is to subscribe to a filter and have it email me a snapshot of the backlog every Friday morning. Then I do a diff on the previous email and this week's to determine if any backlog items are being skipped over. Not very elegant but it works.

0 votes
Hop Frog January 5, 2016

Hi,

I'm no longer with the firm I was with when I sent in my query, and no longer have access to JIRA to check what I'm about to say, but to the best of my recollection, there's a way to get it as a .pdf. I don't remember whether there is a JIRA option to save the page as PDF or whether I used some generic browser option, such as printing the current page to a .pdf.

Hope this helps, either way.

Nikolaj Lyngbye Kolbe January 5, 2016

Thanks for your update. I have decided to do something similar, which in the start will consist of taking a daily (manual) screenshot with the Chrome Extension from http://getfireshot.com , and will evaluate after a couple of weeks, whether this simple solution can supply the information that I need. Thanks

0 votes
Nikolaj Lyngbye Kolbe January 5, 2016

Hi @Hop Frog

I have a situation very similar to yours, and would also like to "save a snapshot" or similar.

May I ask if you ever found a good solution?

Thanks in advance

Nikolaj

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events