cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge kanban release (650 tasks) fails

Volker Hetzer April 23, 2015

Hi!

We are switching from scrum to kanban.

Now, unfortunately, all tasks we have finished before, show up as unreleased in the kanban board.

Just clicking "Release..." fails with a timeout.

Is there anything we can do to pack those tasks away from the kanban board and mark them as released?

4 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

What version of JIRA are you using, what version of Agile are you using? What kind of time out? can you attach the timeout error? If it is fronted by a webserver, the timeout could be there. 

0 votes
Isaac Trumbo November 9, 2020

I think the workaround which uses Issue Navigator is:

- Go to Issues > Search for Issues

- Search "project = ____ AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND resolution = Done"

- Tools > Bulk edit issue (You probably have a limit of 1000 issues at a time).

- Select the issues, Next.

- Edit issues.

- Change Fix Version/s field to the Release you want. 

- Scroll to the bottom and uncheck "Send mail for this update" and click Next.

This will do the same thing as "Releasing" off the Kanban board and avoid the time outs. It worked for me, I myself had 2150 issues to release off a single Kanban board and used this workaround.

0 votes
Deleted user May 19, 2015

Hi, I am also having this issue. We get a timeout error when I try to release the 600 tickets in the "done" column in our Kanban. I changed the version number after the popup said the version I wanted to use already existed, but the column did not update to make the "done" tickets go away on the board. We are using JIRA cloud and its version 6.5-OD-03-002.

I'm guessing I'm probably not doing something right so any help would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.38.54 AM.png

0 votes
Volker Hetzer April 27, 2015

Sorry for the delay, we got it solved using the issue navigator.

Jason Mintz October 2, 2015

Hi Volker, how were you able to solve this using the issue navigator? I'm having the same issue.

Eric Hartford May 11, 2016

Please help, same issue

Bess Ton May 20, 2016

I am experiencing the same issue, how were you able to use the issue navigator to resolve the time out release in kanban?

Phil Herold October 3, 2016

I'm having the same issue. Is there a solution or work-around?

Gaven Ray February 8, 2017

Please update on how you were able to solve this. We are having the same issue.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events