How to search issues in an open Sprint with a specific name tag

Morten Christophersen December 19, 2017

Hi 

I have a project with multiple sprints running. I want to be able to search out the issue in a particular open sprint. Each of the team use their team name in the sprint name: TEAM1_2017W47, TEAM2_2017W47. Now I want to search for all issues in the current open sprint for TEAM1:

sprint in ("TEAM1") and sprint in openSprints()

But this fails since we have some issue which was incomplete in a previous in another TEAM1, but now is in an open sprint in TEAM2.

I need a way to only search open sprints with a specific name tag. i.e. something like:

sprint in openSprints("TEAM1")

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alexander Pöhl October 2, 2018

Hi,

is there any solution for that or did you find any workaround?

I have the exact same situation and really wondering why this is not supported.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

chris kogut January 30, 2019

Try this:

project = "MYPROJECT " AND Sprint in openSprints() and labels= TEAM1

Note, that you'll need to label each story first

Morten Christophersen January 30, 2019

I did not look more into it. I ended up making my own script using the rest interface. Regarding putting labels on everything, I do not want to introduce such manual processes...

Akiva Bloch March 4, 2019

@Morten Christophersen could you please describe what API did you use to get the active sprint?

Morten Christophersen March 4, 2019

Hi, I use the "sprint in openSprint" from scriptrunner plugin, and then the rest interface with some python code around it. 

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2017

Hey Morten,

You should be able to use "sprint = [sprint name]" to search for a specific open Sprint.

Not sure if that meets all your needs or not.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Morten Christophersen January 2, 2018

Hi

Thanks for your answer:-)

Unfortunately, it is not really helping me, since I do not want to put in the entire sprint name but only a the part of it that Identifies the team (to get a generic search for a metric, that will work for each open sprint without having to update the search expression)

The current sprint name would be TEAM1_2018W01.

Example: I have an issue which has the following data in the sprint field:

TEAM1_2017W45, TEAM1_2017W47, TEAM2_2017W49

(closed sprint)     ,(closed sprint)      ,(Open sprint)

Now I want to make a search that gives me all issues in the open sprint for TEAM1(as a generic search expression so that is also works in the next sprint):

sprint in ("TEAM1") and sprint in openSprints()

But this fails since the issue descried above also fulfills this expression.

I would need something like:

sprint in openSprints('sprint in ("TEAM1")')

which unfortunately is not supported.

Like Yuto Sasaki likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events