Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get issues for a sprint (GreenHopper) that hasn't started?

Liam Meck July 15, 2013

When planning a sprint it is difficult to tell how much time each person has remaining, currently we just write it down by hand as we go and keep track that way. I'm trying to work on a python script to get these totals as we go. The problem I'm facing is that there is no sprint id if it's still in planning, and cannot find a way to get a list of issues in a sprint that has not started.

I've tried looking at the different API's and such but haven't found anything useful. I'm starting to think the only way to do what I want is to use an HTTP library and try to immitate whatever the browser is doing to get the GreenHopper planning view. If this is what I have to do, can anyone offer help with how I might start going about this? Or even better, is there an easier way to get what I need?

To clarify, all I need is a list of the issues that are in an unstarted sprint, I already have the rest of the script written but I need this list. Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Meck July 21, 2013

Using the requests module I got the data from /rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/plan/backlog/data.json?rapidViewId=1&_=... and found the sprints I wanted using the afterIssueKey attribute under markers.

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013
Hi Liam We have a knowledge article you can follow here in order to list the upcoming sprints and its issues: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/How+to+find+issues+from+non-started+sprints Also there is a documentation you can have a look here: https://extranet.atlassian.com/display/SUPIN/How+GreenHopper+stores+its+data+-+Active+Objects,+Property+Entry+Tables Regarding how the tables of GreenHopper behave. Best Regards, Ricardo Carracedo.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events