Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy the Sprint Name into another field

Gregory Demotchkine December 4, 2013

Business Need: I need to order the issues by sprints, something which JQL (unbelievable!) does not yet support.

Workaround : I want to copy the sprint name into a calculated field. (and hopefully jql will allow me to order by this field) .

Any ideas how to do this in the simplest way possible ? Custom addins like Jira Misc Custom Fields or Script runner ?

Any help with how to configure the syntax will be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

The formula is actually returning a Sprint object, which is then automatically converted (by Java) into a String by its toString() method.

So if you want just the name, you should call getName() on the object.

Gregory Demotchkine December 8, 2013

Thanks!

I've tried the following:

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("customfield_10500").getName() -->

The error I'm geting in jira.log:

[innovalog.jmcf.fields.CalculatedTextField] CalculatedTextField: error evaluating formula: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: `` issue.get("customfield_10500").getName() ;'' : Error in method invocation: Method getName() not found in class'java.util.ArrayList'

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

You first need to get the first version, because fixVersion is a multi-valued field:

issue.get("customfield_10500").iterator().next().getName()

Of course, you should protect this code against errors (such as if issue.get("customfield_10500").isEmpty())

Gregory Demotchkine December 9, 2013

Great! that worked! and to use numerical sorting, I switch to the Calculated Number Field and changed the formula to issue.get("customfield_10500").iterator().next().getId()

and it works, big PM Headache solved, thanks David!

Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2014

Thank you both for this answer - it is so simple and works!

0 votes
Gregory Demotchkine December 4, 2013

I'ved tried doing this with Misc Custom Fields addin

I'm getting:

[com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint@f39332[rapidViewId=1,state=ACTIVE,name=ITER12,startDate=2013-12-02T10:56:00.000+01:00,endDate=2013-12-20T10:56:00.000+01:00,completeDate=,id=9]]

is there any way to configure the formula to only return me the value between "name=' and ",Startdate" I could use (0,0) but i cannot say for certain what will be a standard length for all sprint names

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events