How to configure Greenhopper for Kanban?

Fabian Noethe July 1, 2011

Hi,
this Video (by Atlassian) shows a workflow with the statuses/column:
– Todo
– Develop
– QA
– Approved
– Done

How do i configure my greenhopper like this? I just bought the 30 days trial and could not find any "kanban options".

Thanks for helping,
Fabian

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2011

You can check the Kanban option via View menu which appears on the top right of the Task Board Screen. Probably the following documentation will be useful for your reference:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Adding+Constraints+to+your+Task+Board+Columns+(Kanban)

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2011

Isn't the Kanban view option just the 'compact view'?

This will just mean that subtasks are not specifically connected to their parent issues. The whole taskboard acts as one Kanban board.

But you will need to define workflow states for Kanban as they dont come out of the box

0 votes
Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Just an FYI :)

The compact view (Kanban view) is the view that shows the constraints that have been placed on the columns, i.e. in response to being over or under capacity, the column is shaded accordingly(yellow/red). These constraints do not show up on the other Task Board views and can only be set from the Compact view. When in this view hover mouse over top the column and will see the familair tool symbol (cog), click on this and choose column constraints.

The constraints and the visualisation of them is a key concept in Kanban, so the compact view is the only complete Kanban view. (currently - rapid boards add more)

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2011

You will need to define the workflows first, as the defaults are only open, in progress, resolved. You will need the additional ones added for QA, Approved etc..

Then under Admin->Greenhopper->Custom Templates you can define a new one for Kanban

At the bottom of that screen is the taskboard mapping. This is where you create the Kanban columns and assign the respective JIRA workflow states to them. Notice they don't need to be a 1:1 mapping. Some JIRA workflow states may not be visible, others may be joined into 1 Kanban column. It is quite flexible

Taskboard Mappings

0 votes
Fabian Noethe July 1, 2011

I though i can select/import a build-in configuration. So let me try to build this for myself.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events