How to clear completed tasks in Kanban?

Deleted user May 29, 2013

Hello,

I would like to use Kanban for project management, but not software development. Once tasks are completed they gather up in the last Done column. The number grows rapidly. What is the best practise to "archive" these tasks, so they are no longer visible on the board but still searchable.

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hi Piotr.

you could release them and add a version to your release by pressing "Release" at the top of your "Done" column.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=268046489

Deleted user June 6, 2013

I was looking for something more suitable for tasks, since these projects do not rally have releases / versions, but I guess, why not.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2013

yeah you're right. in our kanban project we also don't use versions so i decided to use calendar weeks instead.

i run release every friday

Christian Otto March 17, 2015

This sounds more like a workaround - is there a real solution for this these days?

Like # people like this
17 votes
Tiago Ferreira March 15, 2017
(status != Done OR (status = Done AND resolutiondate > -5d))
Mikhail Laryukhin May 12, 2017

Perfect. This is exaclty what was needed.

Like # people like this
Maneesha Syea March 13, 2018

works for me too. thanks.

Like Nhân Công likes this
Ricky Sohal September 26, 2019

Works for me! Thanks 

Like # people like this
Nhân Công January 7, 2021

Perfect !!! Thank you @Tiago Ferreira 

4 votes
Tiago Machado
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2015

I edited the board query to show just the last month closed tasks (resolutiondate < -4w). So the stakeholders can check the recent closed tasks easier than if we had all the closed tasks (we are running this project for 4 years already)

jonathan_alvarsson September 5, 2016

sounds good. But how?

Greyson Yant April 12, 2017

Add the "resolutiondate < -4w" to your saved filter query for the kanban board.

Matteo Tontini January 9, 2019

changing the filter in such a way removes data more than 4 weeks old from reports. doesn't it?

Like # people like this
3 votes
Mario Prada Arroyo May 29, 2013

Hi Piotr,

We are using Kanban for Project Management, and closed task are in a special Column in Kanban. They are in Unmapped Statuses Column, so they no appear in Kanban view.

Hope this helps.

Mario

Deleted user May 29, 2013

Interesting, will see about it :)

1 vote
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2020

Just noticed this today!

2020-07-15_9-46-14.png

Grant Lindsey July 18, 2020

Just what I was looking for.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events