Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add more fields on the kanban card?

Robi Anton March 8, 2016

Hellow, 

Is it possible to add more than 3 fields on a kanban card. 

image2016-3-8 15:17:58.png

I am using Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v6.2.6).

Thanks !

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

actually you can increase the fields as described. here you can see I have 4 fields. it is related to the statuses of your project workflow. I had 4 statuses and added each of them to one field.

Selection_010.png

Like Ashish Waingankar likes this
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

These aren't fields, these are columns on a board mapped to a status. Fields are priority, summary,components....

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

oh ok I get it now.

Robi Anton March 8, 2016

Thanks Christian!! smile 

I think, it is possible in JIRA  7. 

Deleted user June 23, 2016

No. Not in 7.1 either. This limitation is making it difficult for us too.

zsambol January 12, 2018

When we can expect more than three additional fields?

Hubert Hölzl June 5, 2018

2016? I just added a comment here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15624 that was created over a year ago. And people need this for over 2 years now? You too should add a comment on the jira issue

Glenn M Scott May 19, 2020

My squad would find it most helpful to see at least 4 fields on our Kanban board cards. What is the delay? 

P.S I can't seem to add a comment to JSWSERVER-15624?    

2 votes
Jan Kaj Eriksen August 14, 2020

Hi

I have made a work around solution for this using "Automation for Jira", it could be made in scriptrunner as well

I have made a custom filed "card information 1".

When saving the Epic (in this case) I update the field with values from 3 different fields e.g. Fix version, pending reason 

Not the greatest solution, but it works and my uesers are happy :-)

1 vote
Lourdes Vidueira July 8, 2020

Is there a date when this feature will be available?  We would like the option to add up to 6 fields to a board.

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

hi

if you mean columns like to do, in progress etc. you can do it in the configuration of your kanban board.

Selection_009.png

Selection_011.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events