Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you handle issues that are blocked for the current sprint?

Jeff Lamb December 6, 2012

Our team has just recently started using Greenhopper. We just started our first sprint. However, one of the issues, creating a wallboard for the sprint, is blocked by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5345. From a greenhopper perspective, how should this issue be handled, since I obviously cannot get this done in the current sprint?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

You know from reading the comments on the linked Atlassian JIRA that you don't know when this will be worked on.

Your issue will have to be moved back in to your backlog. If you are not prepared to wait for Atlassian then you will have to come up with another solution.

Jeff Lamb December 9, 2012

Yes, I realize this. However, should this be done now, since we know it's blocked, or at the sprint review? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each from a visibility, tracking and reporting standpoint? Does it even matter when it occurs?

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

It does not matter when it occurs. I suggest you can organise the backlog JIRA now if you have time and it can be discussed at the review. This story/task will not be part of the release notes for the sprint and so will not be reported.

As regards tracking, it's all about your backlog, everything is visible in there. Towards the top of the backlog should be in priority order and groomed.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events