Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can find workflows for Releases in Jira?

Alexander December 18, 2020

Hi there.

Could you, please, advise me on how I can find a workflow that has been assigned to Releases?

My former colleague put a script to release button in Releases and now we should change a logic: need to add a separate button to the Release page and re-assign this script from the release button to new.

As I'm not a Pro on Atlassian products I can't find how I can add a separate button and where is a workflow for Releases. Please, assist.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Releases in Jira do not have a workflow, they've got a simple open/released/archived flag to give you their status.

Some of us represent them as issues, and hence create an issue type of "release" which can then take on a standard Jira issue workflow (and we usually do some coding or scripting to tie them to the Jira release they represent)

I suspect that you do not mean "workflow", and you really mean "script".  I am guessing that your colleague has written an app, or used something like Scriptrunner to add a button which then runs a process on the release.

I'd start with a look in the Admin -> Manage apps - do you have Scriptrunner in there?  If so, look for "script fragments", as that's how buttons get injected.

Thank you for your assistance!

Well, how did I know, it was implemented via Webhook. Apache on Jira, when it receives a post request, calls the python script. Will try to find it here.

Now another question

How I can add a separate button here?

2020-12-18_150344.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Ah, I see, it was an external call. 

To add a button there, you'll need a script-fragment, provided by an app.

Tried and it's working. Can add buttons to Jira via Fragments. But I don't know a Release UI location to know the name of the place where I can put nu custom Button on the Release page. Didn't find anything here https://developer.atlassian.com/

Maybe you know?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2020

Not from memory, but I tend to lean on the "fragment finder" in SR, as per https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.15.0/confluence/CustomisingUI.html - that might help you find where to add it!

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2020

Hello Alexander,

I'm not quite sure I fully understand your problem, but you can identify the Workflow associated with your "Releases" the following way.

1. You need at least Project Administrator permission to identify the workflow and Jira Administrator permission to edit it
  2. Go to Project Settings => Workflows
  3. You can read from here the name of the Workflow associated with your issue type "Releases"
  4. Ask a Jira admin to edit it as it can be tricky

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Hello.

I was here and I don't see issue type "Releases".

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events