Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GreenHopper scrum board

JOBY CYRIAC March 21, 2013

Hi, I have two agile scrum boards and when I add stories to a sprint in scrum board1, the same stories are added to another iteration in scrum board2.

Note: Both sprints have same name, even if I change names they still have the same stories.

The two scrum boards should be independent of each other correct?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Are both Scrum Boards using the same project? If the JQL filters are referencing similar projects, AND the Work Mode columns contain statuses that match in both boards, then you will be able to see the same sprint on the board. (Hence you are unable to start multiple sprints that way)

Even if you change the name, the name change will reflect on both boards because its the same sprint, so to speak.

dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Just to make things clearer regarding the part about multiple sprints:

"You absolutely can have multiple sprints running at once, you just cannot start a new Sprint on a board that contains issues that are already in a Sprint (as you note)."

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/45095/start-multiple-sprints-simultaneously

JOBY CYRIAC March 21, 2013

Hi Daniel, thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, both scrum boards reference the same project and they contain the same statuses in the Work model columns. I want to assign each scrum board to 2 seperate teams and have seperate sprints wherein they can pull in unique stories form the backlog and work on it.

Could you let me know, how can I achieve this?

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2013

Well generally you can't, if a board has issues in an active sprint then you can't start a new sprint on that board.

You can, however, do this by activating *GreenHopper labs* parallel sprints. Please have a look at the documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/GreenHopper+Labs#GreenHopperLabs-ParallelSprints

Note the drawbacks (quoting docs):

• The Velocity Chart will not show the velocity per team.
  • The current implementation assumes that the teams perform estimation identically, which is unlikely in practice.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events