Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time create a Scrum Board for existing projects and no backlogs shown...

Iria Chan October 27, 2017

Hi, 

Previously our company manages the releases in project base. For example, if there is a new release, we create a new project for it to store the issues logged. Therefore, we have project A for release A, project B for release B and so on...

Now we want to change the way of using JIRA:

we would like to create a Scrum board and then copy some of the existing projects (unresolved tickets) to that board...(we do not want to change the existing project content, so I use the word "copy":)) 

Question: I have created a new Scrum board...but nothing in the backlog now and then I cannot proceed to create a Sprint...

Appreciate if anyone can help :) Thank you.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

Hi Iria

Yes like Beejal I'm also confused about you copying - maybe some more info about what and how you copied would help.

As regards not seeing anything in the backlog, it may be useful to see your board filter.

If you're displaying multiple projects on this board, you will need to be a board Admin of each project to be able to create a sprint

Iria Chan October 29, 2017

You are right, there is an issue on my Filter Query. I just update and save the new filter query, then the expected ticket list is now being shown in the board backlog :) 

Board Setting > General and Filter > Edit the Filter Query...

Thank you :) 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Pleasure.

Please tick the Accept as Solution if you're all sorted

0 votes
Beejal _London_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2017

Hi @Iria Chan

If you can't see anything in your backlog it seems like your scrum board filter isn't correct.

Where did you copy the issues? In the existing projects or new project?

Kind regards

Beejal

Very sorry to tell, I don't know how to "copy" those tickets from the existing project to my newly created scrum board...

Do I need to export the tickets from existing project, then import to the scrum board...but seems the scrum board does not has the import function ....

it seems that the  filter query set wrongly..after change, I can see the tickets in my new board's Backlogs :) 

Thank you:) 

Beejal _London_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

That's good to hear @Iria Chan :-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events