First time create a Scrum Board for existing projects and no backlogs shown... Edited

Hi, 

Previously our company manages the releases in project base. For example, if there is a new release, we create a new project for it to store the issues logged. Therefore, we have project A for release A, project B for release B and so on...

Now we want to change the way of using JIRA:

we would like to create a Scrum board and then copy some of the existing projects (unresolved tickets) to that board...(we do not want to change the existing project content, so I use the word "copy":)) 

Question: I have created a new Scrum board...but nothing in the backlog now and then I cannot proceed to create a Sprint...

Appreciate if anyone can help :) Thank you.

2 answers

0 vote

Hi @Iria Chan

If you can't see anything in your backlog it seems like your scrum board filter isn't correct.

Where did you copy the issues? In the existing projects or new project?

Kind regards

Beejal

Very sorry to tell, I don't know how to "copy" those tickets from the existing project to my newly created scrum board...

Do I need to export the tickets from existing project, then import to the scrum board...but seems the scrum board does not has the import function ....

it seems that the  filter query set wrongly..after change, I can see the tickets in my new board's Backlogs :) 

Thank you:) 

That's good to hear @Iria Chan :-)

0 vote
Warren Levy Community Champion Oct 27, 2017

Hi Iria

Yes like Beejal I'm also confused about you copying - maybe some more info about what and how you copied would help.

As regards not seeing anything in the backlog, it may be useful to see your board filter.

If you're displaying multiple projects on this board, you will need to be a board Admin of each project to be able to create a sprint

You are right, there is an issue on my Filter Query. I just update and save the new filter query, then the expected ticket list is now being shown in the board backlog :) 

Board Setting > General and Filter > Edit the Filter Query...

Warren Levy Community Champion Oct 30, 2017

Pleasure.

Please tick the Accept as Solution if you're all sorted

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 14, 2018 in Agile

Marketplace Technical Collection Pages

You might have noticed something new on Marketplace in the last several months which was the addition of our new collection pages. We heard feedback that it can be hard to browse apps in Marketplace ...

64 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you